The LG Stylo 4 and Stylo 4 Plus gained popularity as budget devices with a stylus. LG did a good job with the hardware, but one can’t say the same for its software. With long-term usage, this device will throw several small issues and software glitches your way. Here is how to factory reset LG Stylo 4 and make these issues go away.
Issues you might be facing
With prolonged usage, the phone tends to show some lagging. It does not come with a very powerful processor, to begin with, so that is understandable. Other minor software issues can often be solved with a reset. Here are some common problems users have faced and how to fix them:
Other than these, you may also face issues like:
- Bluetooth or Wi-Fi not connecting
- Forgotten password
- System slowing down
In which case, resetting your device can be a plausible solution.
A soft reset is shutting off the device, taking out the battery, and restarting it. When you have a non-removable battery, the method is slightly different. Here is what you need to do for an LG Stylo 4 soft reset:
- Press the Power button and the Volume Down key at the same time and hold it.
- When the device restarts, release the buttons.
A factory reset will erase all the data in your phone and switch all your settings back to default. This also erases cache files and unwanted data, freeing up space and improving your device’s performance. Here’s how to do it:
- Before you start, make sure you back up any data you want to keep in your memory card or cloud storage (Google account).
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Scroll down and find Restart and Reset option. Tap on it.
- Select the option that says “factory data reset”. Read the warning.
- To confirm, tap “Reset phone”. You may be asked to enter your PIN or password. Enter that.
- Then tap “delete all”.
- Then “OK” to confirm.
- Your phone may restart on its own. If not, restart it.
Master Reset/ Hard Reset
If your screen does not respond or your phone suddenly freezes, you can’t go to the Settings menu to reset the device. In this case, you need to do a master reset or hard reset. This method also works for when you forget the password or pattern to your device.
A master reset will also erase the data on your phone, so remember to back it up. You can use this method to hard reset LG Stylo 4 or LG Stylo 4 Plus.
- Press and hold the Power button to switch off the phone.
- Next, long-press the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously. Do not move your fingers until you see the LG logo.
- When the logo appears, let go of the Power button only and press it again. Do not let go of the Volume Down button yet.
- You will see a black screen appear that says ‘Factory data reset’. When you see it, release both keys.
- Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move up and down the list and the Power button to select. On this screen, select “Yes”.
- You will be asked for confirmation. In the same way, select “Yes” again.
- Your device will reset and reboot itself.
If you are unsure what the problem is because your LG Stylo 4 won't turn on at all, try the soft reset method. If that doesn’t work, a hard reset might. If none of these methods solve your issues, you might have a hardware problem. In that case, you need to take your phone to a store.